The historic Rudra Sagar Na-Pukhuri spreading over an area of 100 puras (600 mts. X 700 mts.) is about 9 km west direction away from Sivasagar Town. The north bank of Na-Pukhuri is covered by National Highway No 37.
The Dol was built by Lakhi Singha and was constructed during the period of Ahom King Gauri Nath Singha ( A.D. 1780-1794).